Saturday 23 August 2014

Cats and Coffee!

Hiya! Happy weekend! I'm back with a card that I don't really like but I've been shuffling the bits around on my desk all week and was getting sick of the sight of them so I followed the Less is More sketch and stuck it all down! Haha! I wanted to stamp a sentiment but the gold embossing powder seemed so dull next to the mirror card so I used some little pearls. I'm not sure where this die is from, it came ready cut with a Dies to Die for order. I did a quick search but didn't want to spend too long Googling 'cat dies'! :-/
The colour scheme is inspired by this weeks CASology cue card of Java, lots of rich coffee colours came into my head and this paper reminds me of the patterns the coffee shops swirl into the foam. I'm  adding it into this weeks Papertake challenge of die cuts too. Thanks for looking, have a lovely day!




Supplies;
Die - not sure
Card stock - Stampin' Up 'Early Espresso'
Paper - Basic Grey 'Bittersweet'
Other - gold mirror card and gold mini pearls

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous CAS card Beth and I love the cats in gold and the frame..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Eve said...

Hi Beth,
Your card caught my eye at LIM challenge!
I love the colours you have used and the frame is gorgeous.
Isn't it fab when you get free die cuts from DTDF !!

Anne said...

Love the way the cats come out of the frame Beth!
Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous arrangement of images beth
Thanks for taking part in the challenge.
Sarah
Less is more

Skye said...

A great card. Love the die cut cats. Nice use of the sketch.

Meghan said...

Gorgeous colours on this card! Those cats are perfect, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Chrissie said...

I know what you mean about embossing powder looking dull next to mirri card... your embellishment works brilliantly!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

I know what you mean about embossing powder looking dull next to mirri card... your embellishment works brilliantly!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Furrbster said...

This is a brilliant take on both the sketch and the cue card!

Hugz Tinz