Saturday 29 March 2014

Mothers Day card

Hiya! I hope you're enjoying the weekend so far. I'm back with a card I've made for Jamie's mum, using this weeks MFT Sketch. She retired just over a year ago and has recently been learning to sew. The new Carta Bella pad is perfect for cards for her so I made a full-on sewing themed card! The stitched sentiment is one I made on the PC, printed out and pierced holes through to the pink paper, then just sewed through them - easy peasy! I didn't actually end up using any MFT goodies on the front of my card, just a couple of dies on the inside. This is also for this weeks Simon Says Stamp challenge of Buttons. I hope you like it, thanks for looking!


Supplies;
Sentiment stamps - Papertrey Ink 'Keep it Simple: Birthday Mini'
Paper - Carta Bella 'Sew Lovely'
Dies - Nestabilities 'Labels #14', MFT 'Button Quartet' & Lil' Inker 'Stitched Mats: Rectangles'
Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'Island Indigo'
Ribbon - Stampin' Up 'Island Indigo'
Other - printed sentiment in Cotton Candy font, white thread & various buttons

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I saw your link on the My Favorite Things sketch challenge and wanted to pop over and say that I LOVE your beautiful card! Love the theme and the stitching! So Lovely!

Lin said...

Love all the buttons you used, Beth, especially the heart one! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!